Established in 2004, The Research Group of Lexington (TRG) is an independent research firm focused in partnering to develop medications for tomorrow. It is owned and operated by Neil R. Farris, MD, a respected member of the Lexington medical community for more than 30 years. Dr. Farris is also a founding member of the Central Kentucky Medical Group (CKMG), a collection of internists practicing in the central Kentucky counties of Fayette and Woodford.
Because of the ability to recruit qualified volunteers and produce reliable, quality data for clinical trials, TRG has been selected by numerous sponsors for a variety of important studies from Phase II through Phase IV. TRG has expertise in working with pharmaceutical companies such as: Boehringer Ingelheim, Lilly, Takeda, Forest, NovoNordisk, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Sanofi, Roche, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Amgen, and many more. At times, studies involve the joint venture of Contract Research Organizations (CROs), for instance: Covance, Quintiles, PPD, Kendle, ICON, PRA, and RTI. TRG embraces working in conjunction with companies and partnering for successful trials and outcomes.
TRG is able to make use of central Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) and these include: Chesapeake, Compass, Quorum, Schulman, Sterling, or whomever the sponsor indicates. TRG welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with every sponsor on their imperative trials.
While monitoring at TRG, Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) from sponsoring institutions have:
- Access to paper source documents and clinic charts
- A designated monitoring area with WiFi, fax, copier, scanner, printer, and telephone
- Availability of the Study Coordinator(s) to answer questions, resolve queries, and to complete required tasks while on-site
- Personal time with Dr. Farris to discuss any findings from the visit
Features specific to TRG:
- Secured pharmacy for drug storage (double-locked, ambient and refrigerated)
- Designated laboratory facilities with a -70° freezer
- Calibrated equipment (centrifuges, blood pressure monitors, scales, EKG machines)
- Private patient rooms specifically for research procedures
- Safe and minimally accessed patient and regulatory documents
- Password-protected internet access (WiFi)
- On-site regulatory and budgetary personnel
- Daily monitored temperatures with alarm features
- The availability and flexibility of our site staff
- 24-hour emergency phone number provided to all participants (1-859-351-3183)
Volunteers are acquired through the vast practice (CKMG) database which consists of six providers, the TRG database of potential and past study participants, direct mailings, health fairs, word of mouth, and advertising in the community and surrounding areas by means of radio, TV, online, and paper ads. Study participants are not required to be practice patients.
TRG is located within the offices of CKMG in Lexington, KY which has a community of over 250,000 people. Access to TRG is convenient by interstate travel and via air travel through Bluegrass Regional Airport (LEX). Our office is surrounded by many restaurants, hotels, and activities to enjoy during your time with us.